Bloom's 2017 Highlights
Posted 1 month ago
Comment from David Otter, Managing Director"2017 saw some amazing advances in technology. I heard it said that if the whole of human history and discovery were to be written in a 500-page book, every technological development from the Motorcar to Blockchain, Driverless Vehicles and Artificial Intelligence would have happened within the last paragraph. That doesn’t make for a particularly interesting read for the first 499 pages, but we are living in a truly unique time, and it’s a pleasure to play a small part in supporting the current trajectory of technology innovation."
As another year draws to a close, it’s always humbling to look back at what we have achieved, and reflect on how far we have come as a business in the past 12 months. We are honoured to have been chosen to support the growth of businesses across the “exponential technology” landscape, and to have played a part in helping drive the emerging technology landscape in the UK and beyond.
Some of our highlights from 2017 include:
- Doubling our turnover for the third year running, supported by key hires into our Internet of Things and AI / Cognitive divisions
- We doubled our headcount and expect to do so again next year
- We successfully launched divisions and have expanded our presence in the Data and Analytics, Machine / Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Automation, Blockchain, AdTech and FinTech markets
- Bloom moved into amazing new offices in Central Milton Keynes. This will remain the headquarters of our Tech, Automotive and Engineering Divisions. 2018 will see us open offices in Germany or the Netherlands and the US, to further enable our clients to benefit from our unique capabilities.
- We founded and ran successful meetup events for the Robotic Process Automation and AI community. Our last event was attended by over 100 RPA and AI experts and we have had talks from the likes of James Dening at Automation Anywhere and Francis Carden from PEGA systems. Our next event will be a panel discussion on the future workforce and AI in March – please come along.
- We have successfully launched and rolled out our unique on-demand outsourced recruitment solution. This allows us to partner at a much deeper level with clients, helping pre / post funding business to shape their org chart, architect talent acquisition and retention strategy, improve employer branding, and save significant time and money on key commercial, operation and tech hires.
- Harrison Goode featured on stage at the G1ant panel discussion exploring the future of work with Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation.
- We have supported the growth of hundreds of IoT and Automation businesses, some highlights being SSE, Telensa, Tado, Homeserve, Sentiance, Verilocation, Connect-Auto, Coverbox Insurance, Intelematics, MyDrive Solutions, Bentley Connected Car, SBD Automotive, InVMA, Citi Logik, Positive Solutions, Thoughtonomy, Automation Anywhere, Autologyx and Thomas Cook.
If we have worked with you in 2017, we thank you for your continued support and look forward to more success together in 2018. If we have not worked together we hope to have the opportunity to do so soon.